Skip to content Read our accesibilty statement
Horticulture and street cleaning

Report broken glass

To report an issue you need to be registered for a My Account. This will save you having to re-enter information and allow you to track the progress of the report. 

We are able to remove broken glass from our own land, including pavements, public paths and play areas. We can also remove glass from road gutters, but not from roads themselves.

If the broken glass is in the middle of a road, report it to Somerset County Council online or by calling 0300 123 2224.

We are not able to remove broken glass from private land. This includes private shopping centres, colleges, schools, parish council and housing association land. This is the responsibility of the landowner and any incidents will need to be reported to them directly.

If you are unsure who owns the land, we can check this for you. If we are responsible, we will arrange the removal of the glass.

Report broken glass by using the button below. You will be asked to sign up for, or sign in to, your account before completing the form. 

Report broken glass

Thank you. You response is appreciated.

Was this page helpful?