Skip to content Read our accesibilty statement
Dog related issues

Report a dog attack or dangerous dog

If a dog has attacked a person, another dog or is
dangerously out of control in a public place or a place to where it is not allowed and you have a concern for public safety you need to report the incident to the Police by calling 101 or 999 if it is an emergency.

You will need to include:

  • Your name, address and contact details
  • Date and time of incident
  • Location of incident
  • Description of the dog
  • Details of the dog owner
  • Details of any witnesses to the incident
  • If your dog or other pet has been attacked and needs veterinary treatment keep a copy of the invoice and a photograph of any injuries (any claim for costs will be a civil matter)

What we can do

In the majority of cases such incidents are a civil matter between the individuals concerned. 

You can report the incident to us, using the button below and we will write to the dog's owner reminding them of responsible dog ownership.

If you do not know the dog owner, we will not be able help.

For further information see our Dangerous Dog Leaflet

Report a Dangerous Dog

Thank you. You response is appreciated.

Was this page helpful?