Skip to content Read our accesibilty statement
Council Tax - Change in circumstances

Council Tax - change in circumstances

Changes to your circumstances include:

    • Someone who has been disregarded is no longer a student. 
    • Someone who has been disregarded is no longer an apprentice.

If you are changing address, or if someone is leaving or joining your household, visit our moving home page

It is important that you notify us of any change in circumstance within 21 days, failure to do so could lead to a penalty of £70.00. See our penalties page for more information.

This is to help make sure that your initial Council Tax bill is for the correct amount and includes any discounts or exemptions you are eligible for.

If you do not let us know about a change to your household, you could be missing out on a discount or exemption and you may be charged the wrong amount.

Report your change of circumstances

Thank you. You response is appreciated.

Was this page helpful?