Skip to content Read our accesibilty statement

Concessionary Bus Passes

The English National Concessionary Travel Scheme pass is a national pass. Each travel concession authority, in this case Somerset County Council, holds responsibility for administrating the scheme in their own area. Therefore this application is only valid for Somerset residents who are of pensionable age or eligible on the grounds of disability.

The bus pass is free, but there may be an administration charge for replacing a valid pass if it has been lost, stolen or damaged.

Please read our Concessionary bus pass information leaflet before you apply.

You can apply online using the below button or download and print this form and email it to or post it to:

PPC302, Somerset County Council, County Hall, Taunton, Somerset, TA1 4DY

You can apply for a bus pass 14 days before the date you are eligible. If you are not sure of the date you become eligible, please use the entitlement calculator.

You will need to provide evidence of age, residency and a recent photo. If you are unable to do this at the time of application, you can email your evidence to including your name and address. If you have no access to a scanner, you can do this at one of our CAPs. Please click here to find your local CAP. If you are unclear on the documents that can be used as evidence, please click on "What you will need" below.

Register, Apply and Renew a Concessionary Buss Pass

Thank you. You response is appreciated.

Was this page helpful?